Elon Musk previously bragged about cancelling Ebola prevention efforts…

Trending

Elon Musk previously bragged about cancelling Ebola prevention efforts……


A resurfaced clip is circulating online of former DOGE head Elon Musk boasting about how he “accidentally” ended Ebola prevention efforts as a horrific outbreak sweeps through the Congo.

The previous clip, posted by the favored X account FactPost, reveals Musk talking at U.S. President Donald Trump‘s first Cabinet assembly of his second time period in February 2025 about his controversial cuts to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).

“For example, with USAID, one of the things we accidentally canceled very briefly was Ebola prevention,” he said while chuckling.

“We restored the Ebola prevention immediately, and there was no interruption. But we do need to move quickly if we want to achieve a trillion-dollar deficit reduction.”

However, the Ebola prevention funding referenced by Musk was never restored, and global health consultants are warning that Trump’s cuts have created the “perfect storm” for disease outbreaks to spiral out of control, WIRED studies.

“We are so far behind in this outbreak. This is a perfect storm,” a employee at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warned WIRED.

Amadou Bocoum, director for the Congo’s anti-poverty nonprofit CARE, explained to WIRED that healthcare professionals are “no longer able to get some supplies” and “are not able to react immediately” in part because of the unrestored DOGE cuts.

Bocoum warned that if the outbreak “is not handled carefully” and if healthcare workers cannot “react fast to contain it” that “it will get wild very easily.”

WHO Director Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus expressed grave concern over the “scale and speed” of the outbreak Tuesday. The pressure spreading through the Congo is thought as Bundibugyo.

The virus unfold undetected for weeks after the first recognized death as authorities examined for a more common kind of Ebola and got here up adverse, health consultants and assist staff said. This Bundibugyo virus has no authorized medicines or vaccines.

Congo’s health minister, Samuel Roger Kamba said investigations have been underway to decide whether or not the deaths and 513 suspected circumstances have been “actually linked to the disease.”

Ghebreyesus said he’s “deeply concerned about the scale and speed of the epidemic,” including the U.N. health company will convene its emergency committee later Tuesday. He pointed to the emergence of circumstances in city areas, the deaths of healthcare staff and important population motion.



We present you with the trending topics. Get the best latest health news and content on our web site daily.

- Advertisement -
img
- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -

More Related Content

- Advertisement -