Tennis legends son Cruz Hewitt caught in UAE air | Sports News

Trending

Tennis legends son Cruz Hewitt caught in UAE air…

Scary footage captured the second gamers and officers had been pressured to flee the court during a event in the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday.

The ATP Challenger Tour event in Fujairah has been canceled as a end result of the ongoing retaliatory air strikes from Iranian forces.

Aussies Cruz Hewitt, James McCabe and Jason Kubler are among the gamers caught up in the chaos, with tennis officers still looking for a answer to evacuate gamers forward of the Indian Wells tennis event in California.

Scary footage captured the second gamers and officers had been pressured to flee the court during a event in the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday. ATP

The ATP Challenger Tour event in Fujairah has been canceled as a end result of the continued retaliatory air strikes from Iranian forces. ATP

Hewitt, the son of Australian legend Lleyton Hewitt, and Kubler had been due to play doubles on Tuesday.

However, the event has been called off as a end result of the ongoing battle, which has seen UAE areas come under fire from missiles and drones.

Next week’s event in Fujairah has also been canceled.

Cruz Hewitt of Australia performs a forehand during a apply session forward of the 2026 Australian Open at Melbourne Park on January 15, 2026, in Melbourne, Australia. Getty Images

The scary state of affairs for gamers at the Fujairah Open was captured on digital camera when gamers rushed off the court in the center of a match because of a close by explosion.

One match between Daniil Ostapenkov and Matsuoka Hayato was abruptly ended following a close by incident.

An alarm was triggered at the Tennis Country Club Fujairah when a drone was intercepted close to the port metropolis.

Falling particles resulted in a fire in the oil industry space, The Sun studies.

In response to the shock incident, the Fujairah Media Office said: “Relevant authorities in the Emirate of Fujairah responded to a fire that broke out this morning in the Fujairah Oil Industry Zone (FOIZ), ensuing from falling particles following the profitable interception of a drone by air defence systems.

“No injuries were reported, the fire was brought under control, and normal operations in the area have resumed.”

This screengrab is from footage that seems to show the second that an Iranian one-way assault drone struck the US Consulate in Dubai. @sentdefender/X

It follows the conclusion of the Dubai Tennis Championships on Saturday.

While that event was in a roundabout way disrupted by the strikes, a number of gamers now discover themselves stranded in the realm.

Daniil Medvedev and Andrey Rublev are among the celebs who have been pressured to keep in Dubai following the grounding of outbound flights.

Earlier, a clip shared by Aussie McCabe captured the second a loud explosion might be heard while he was resting in a resort pool.

Smoke billows from an space close to the US Consulate in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, amid the US-Israeli battle with Iran, on March 3, 2026, in this screengrab from video obtained from social media. via REUTERS

A Tennis Australia spokesperson on Tuesday said all the Australian gamers are secure.

“Tennis Australia is in close communication with the Australian players and their support teams currently in the United Arab Emirates,” a assertion said.

“We have offered steering based on info from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and the ATP which is working with local authorities on the ground.

“Most importantly, all Australian gamers and staff members are secure and effectively.

“They are following the advice of local authorities, the Australian Government, and the ATP.”

Stay up to date with the latest trending topics! Visit our web site daily for the freshest Sports news and content, rigorously curated to keep you informed.

- Advertisement -
img
- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -

More Related Content

- Advertisement -