Anthony Joshua flies back to UK after fatal crash | Boxing News
Anthony Joshua has returned to London after the car crash in Nigeria that left him hospitalised and killed two of his close mates and staff members, Latif ‘Latz’ Ayodele and Sina Ghami. The Sun studies that Joshua flew back into Stanstead Airport on Friday evening aboard a personal jet before their funeral, which is said to be going down at a mosque in the capital on Sunday.
Their report claims Joshua is not sure about attending, despite wanting to, because of the publicity his look may entice. A source told The Sun: “Anthony wants to go to the funeral, but he hasn’t decided yet; he’s mindful that his presence could cause a circus and overshadow the funeral for the family of his two friends.”
His return to the United Kingdom follows his release from Lagoon Hospital Ikoyi on Wednesday. Before leaving Nigeria, Joshua went to the morgue where Ayodele and Ghami had been to pay his respects.
Local authorities confirmed his actions earlier this week, releasing a assertion that said: “The governments of Lagos and Ogun states, once again, commiserate with the two families of the two young men – Latif Ayodele and Sina Ghami – who tragically and unfortunately lost their lives in the road accident involving Anthony Joshua. We pray The Almighty grant the repose of their souls while granting their families and loved ones the fortitude to bear this very sad and painful loss.
“Anthony Joshua was discharged from hospital late this afternoon though heavy hearted and full of feelings over the loss of his two close mates he was deemed clinically match to recuperate from home. Anthony and his mom had been at the funeral home in Lagos this afternoon to pay their last respects to his two departed mates as they had been being ready for repatriation scheduled for later this night.
“Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun and Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu deeply appreciate the public concern and show of love and affection over this very sad and unfortunate incident. They also appreciate Mr President. His Excellency Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR, for all fatherly support he gave throughout the process.
“We also need to recognize the staff of medical doctors and medical personnel at the Lagoon Hospital Ikoyi that attended to Anthony and those who sustained accidents. The high quality of care and professionalism is really commendable.”
Joshua will now continue recuperating from his injuries at home. As he does so, his driver, Adeniyi Mobolaji Kayode, faces charges of causing death by dangerous driving, reckless and negligent driving, driving without due care, and driving without a valid driver’s licence.
His lawyer, Olalekan Abiodun, said: “My shopper has pleaded not guilty and what occurred was an accident. I have not had a full likelihood to converse with him yet, but I do know he’s saying the brakes didn’t work.
“I also understand that the journey started in Lagos and that initially Anthony had got into the front seat, but the driver asked him to swap seats. He did this because Anthony is a big fellow, and he couldn’t see the wing mirror properly, so he asked him to move, and he sat behind the driver. From what I understand, Latif was in front and then changed seats with Anthony.”
Stay up to date with the latest developments in boxing! Our web site is your go-to source for cutting-edge boxing news, combat highlights, fighter stats, and insights into upcoming matches. We present daily updates to guarantee you could have access to the freshest info on rankings, combat outcomes, injury studies, and major bulletins.
Explore how these trends are shaping the future of the game! Visit us usually for the most participating and informative boxing content by clicking right here. Our rigorously curated articles will keep you informed on title fights, promotions, training camps, and historic moments in the ring.



