Mike Brown not ready to change Knicks starting | Sports News

Trending

Mike Brown not ready to change Knicks starting…

Mike Brown is ticked off by the begins but isn’t contemplating a lineup change. 

At least not yet. 

“Right now I don’t feel the need to,” Brown said Sunday after his staff beat the shorthanded Warriors 110-107, but not before falling into a 21-point gap in the first quarter. “But like I said, if I felt the need to, I would. I don’t feel the need to right now.” 

When totally healthy, the Knicks starting lineup has constantly included Jalen Brunson, Mikal Bridges, Josh Hart, OG Anunoby and Karl-Anthony Towns. 

However, latest accidents to Hart, in explicit, have thrown the lineup in flux.

Landry Shamet has been the most dependable plug-in. 

Bridges, meanwhile, has struggled mightily and was benched again in the fourth quarter Sunday.

Mike Brown (L.) and Josh Hart look on during the Knicks-Warriors recreation on March 15, 2026. IMAGN IMAGES via GWN Connect

He logged just 21 minutes as Shamet and Jordan Clarkson soaked up a lot of the two-guard enjoying time. 

“It’s not too late to do anything. And if I feel the need, I will,” Brown said of a lineup change. “I’m not thinking that right now. I’m not concentrating on each individual because, like you said, we’ve started different people at different times.” 

Brown said he’s dissatisfied in the begins in 4 of the last 5 video games, including the whole lot of their current three-game successful streak — all against subpar opponents. 

After Warriors coach Steve Kerr again campaigned Sunday for fewer video games on the schedule, Hart agreed it will help the NBA product but doubted the related events — which means homeowners and gamers — would sacrifice money. 

“Do I think it will probably be better for the game and the quality on the court? I think so. Do I think it will happen? Probably not because everybody is so money-hungry and money-driven,” Hart said. “I think everybody puts that above everything else.” 

Kerr has been publicly pitching to scale back the schedule because of the rash of accidents, believing a lighter load would permit gamers to be more efficient and obtainable. Sunday’s recreation turned another instance of a diminished product on prime-time national TV. 

The Knicks had been totally healthy outdoors of Miles McBride.

But the Warriors had been lacking nearly all their top gamers, including Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Jimmy Butler III. 

“Looking at the data, hearing the experts in our own group talk about the load that these guys are facing and then you get older players like Steph or Al [Horford] or Jimmy — we have to manage them through 82,” Kerr said. “So there are nights where you just have to say, ‘Can’t play this man.’ I get emails all the time from followers saying, ‘I spent $2,000 on tickets to go to this game and Steph didn’t play.’ 

“And it wasn’t an injury designation, and I held him out. Shouldn’t we reconcile that somehow?” 

Kerr said Sunday he’d take a pay cut. 

“I’m willing to stick my neck out and say I’m all for that because I think the quality of the product is the most important thing,” he said.

Stay up to date with the latest trending topics! Visit our web site daily for the freshest Sports news and content, rigorously curated to keep you informed.

- Advertisement -
img
- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -

More Related Content

- Advertisement -